This is the “before” résumé. This person had someone update their résumé by a friend and this was the outcome. Not bad, but could use a little work. The “after” is what you’ll see tomorrow. Take a look at it and tell me what would you change about this résumé; what would you keep? What would you get completely rid of?
To obtain a position as a supervisor in the field of developmental disabilities where my ability to assist, supervise and support individuals with any developmental and/or emotional challenges would be of value.
Inglewood Adult Community School – GED
Inglewood, CA. Completion 2013
- Ability to lead and manage projects and people.
- Knowledge in at-risk and academically deficient youth and people with developmental disabilities.
- Strong awareness and understanding of culture diversity.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Strong community outreach, research, social and networking skills.
- Thorough in completion of tasks and when dealing with deadlines and time sensitive projects.
- Fluent in speaking, reading, and writing in Spanish.
- Passion for making a positive impact through public service.
Quality of Life Services, Inc. Downey, CA.
Field Supervisor 2012 – Present
- Oversee a team of 50 employees.
- Transformed an under-producing direct-care staff team, immediately resolving long-standing problems, and instituting training and incentives that elevated performance while building morale and motivation.
- Complete a comprehensive assessment of the needs of the clients.
- Assist staff in effectively addressing resources for assisting clients with SSI, medical/dental issues, parenting skills, and affordable housing.
- Organize progress report deadlines and materials.
- Liaison between CEO, Program Director, Staff, and South Central Regional Center (SCLARC).
- Confer with parents, relatives and staff regarding the client’s individual program plan and offer constructive suggestions on how they can aid in promoting functional growth.
- Assist in identifying program plan goals and plan program design.
Solutions Plus South Gate, CA.
Field Supervisor 2005 – 2010
- Oversaw a team of 30 employees.
- Successfully built productive relationships and resolved complex issues with clients and their families.
- Manufactured cohesive results among the participants involved.
- Provided staff with adequate training and supervision to ensure quality work and care to consumers and families involved.
- Ensure that basic assurances and requirements were met between staff and consumers.
- Provided effective and efficient scheduling of staff to meet the needs and goals of individuals supported.
We Are Family Carson, CA.
Field Supervisor 2003 – 2005
- Oversaw a team of 20 employees.
- Responsible for identifying the needs of clients and important mechanism in delivering those needs through life skills teaching.
- Communicated, cooperated and participated professionally with management and executive director.
- Ensured that staff members were punctual while maintaining accurate time records and documentation.
- Attended and participated in monthly supervisor meetings to discuss resources and company objectives.
- Provided leadership and professionalism at all times.
References Available Upon Request