The newly formed Client Analytics team, a part of our North American Distribution (NAD) organization, has been formed to create a dedicated sales support team with a common set of quantitative/asset allocation tools and philosophy to improve the effectiveness of the services that we provide today to strategic clients in three areas:
- Sales support
- Help clients arrange our investment services in a portfolio or plan
- Better position CG offerings in our top retail and institutional clients’ frameworks
- Insights development
- Product development support
Role summary: The Client Analytics Specialist will play a key role on our Client Analytics team to help deliver analysis and insights for Capital Group’s clients. He/she will consult with internal clients to provide quantitatively-driven strategies and recommendations that position Capital Group offerings in client portfolios. The ideal candidate will also serve as a subject matter expert providing direction and leadership on broader asset classes and investment vehicles.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
- Conducts research and analysis for client portfolio analysis requests, insights development, sales force training content, and support of internal initiatives
- Consults with internal clients to interpret requests.
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative research and analysis utilizing internal databases, external resources and asset allocation tools. Incorporates a broad knowledge of asset class levels and investment vehicles into analyses.
- Develops analyses and models that quantitatively position NAD services in client portfolios.
- Interprets results and develops recommendations to incorporate NAD’s investment services into a client portfolio or plan.
- Engages Client Analytics team in review of analysis prior to distribution.
- Develops sales force training content and materials.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for the team
- Conducts research to understand the competitive landscape.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of products and business areas including, but not limited to, product construction, rules and regulations, sales and marketing approach, and services offered.
- Informs and educates internal groups on quantitative analysis regarding funds and mandates. Presents in person, over the phone or through writing.
- Serves as a point of contact for multiple departments on queries related to client portfolio construction and analysis.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in asset allocation / multiple asset classes
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of asset allocation software and ability to apply it to work assignments
- Demonstrates working knowledge of portfolio analysis methods, asset classes and investment vehicles, and modern portfolio theory, and ability to apply it to work assignments
- Excellent problem solving and research skills; skilled at interpreting results and identifying key issues with an ability to translate technical information into understandable terms
- Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of moderate complexity; demonstrates initiative by identifying issues and recommending solutions
- Effective written and oral communication skills with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate and develop/maintain working relationships to enable effective completion of business objectives
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus: Retirement Planning, Alternatives, and Insurance
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in areas of moderate complexity
- Business or economics degree, MBA a plus
- One or more of the following credentials desirable: CFA, CIMA, CFP