Job is located in Irvine, CA.
Product/Project Manager Job Requirements
Advantech (www.advantech.com), the leading Embedded Platform Hardware provider, has been an innovator in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, high-performance embedded solutions in the industrial computing and automation markets since 1983.
The Product/Project Manager is responsible for the product planning, life cycle, and market penetration of Advantech standard products; and also focus on product specifications, product development, and project management for custom products.
Product/Project Manager would need to be successful at developing expert domain knowledge of a given market through identifying key market players, competition, channel partners, and technology requirements.
The Product/Project Manager is expected to:
- Develop effective marketing, product strategy and expert domain knowledge of target markets in terms of product offering, technologies and market positioning.
- Capable of working with customers and cross-functional colleagues in all relevant departments across the organization to successfully manage Advantech’s standard and custom products.
- Manage the customer’s needs through understanding their business objectives and technology requirements and providing Advantech’s solution offerings, product roadmaps, and resource capabilities.
- Develop customer-specific solutions with pre-sales and post-sales technical support, feasibility verification, product proposal, and project management throughout the entire development process.
- Manage the product life cycle from NPI (New Product Introduction) to EOL (End of Life), component Phase-Out, Engineering change notifications, pricing, revenue and profit.
- Create and provide product/market training materials for sales and customers.
Participate in trade show and customer visit. Periodical travel is required.
Other duties as required or assigned.