I really don’t like job and career fairs. From personal experience, they are more costly than they are beneficial.
The time, the gas, the copies of your resume printed and handed — there is absolutely no return on your energy and effort that makes a hiring fair even worth it. But, far be it from me to stop anyone dying to go with my not-so-pleasant attitude.
However, I do welcome anyone who wants to share their experience of the hiring fair that will take place this Friday, March 27th. Tell me:
- Were you hired on the spot?
- Did you get an interview?
- Did someone there get an interview?
- Did someone else there get hired on the spot?
- How many times where you told by recruiters to submit your résumé or CV online?
- Did you talk to any hiring decision-makers?
- Were any of the representatives there in a position to hire you on the spot or after the fair?
- How résumés did you hand out?
- How many other candidates did you talk to you?
- How long did you have to wait in line just to hand someone your résumé before you moved onto the next booth?
- Was it fun?