|SEIU Local 1000, a progressive public sector labor union is seeking an Organizer/Union Representative who lives and breathes worksite organizing. If you’re passionate about organizing, a tireless advocate for the rank-and-file, and excel at both strategy and tactics of influencing others towards collective action, please apply. The ideal candidate will want to become a dedicated union organizer, be creative in identifying leaders, mobilizing volunteers, and want to become an expert at running campaigns.
This position is open in Los Angeles, CA.
- Implement work site campaigns aimed at internal organizing.
- Plan and execute member actions and mobilization.
- Recruit, identify, train and develop work site leaders and stewards.
- Organize rallies, distribute leaflets, notices and other materials to worksite leaders, stewards and members.
- Lead, motivate and mobilize worksite leaders, stewards and members in internal organizing, politics, community alliance building and other union activities.
- Develop and maintain effective communication networks in worksites, including but not limited to writing and distributing leaflets, notices, newsletters, emails and other materials among worksite leaders, stewards and members.
- Create and maintain lists and charts, which may include input on, and operation of, computerized database systems.
- Coordinate field campaigns in support of contract campaigns, meet and confers and the resolution of other worksite issues.
- Work with worksite stewards and leaders to represent members through the grievance and arbitration system, as well as mobilizing members to take action around issues in the worksite.
- Recruit new members and contributions to the Committee on Political Education
- Work long irregular hours
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications: